Investing in a good pair of Boots will help you protect your feet during the cold and rainy seasons. Boot liners are the parts of the boots that come in contact with your feet. To avoid foot odors and infection, clean the liners regularly. Keep them in good shape by not putting the liners in a washing machine or dryer. Here are some cleaning tips for people who own a pair of Sorel Boots with recycled felt liners.
- Fill a basin with cool water and mix 1/4 tablespoon of mild detergent.
- Place your Sorel boot liners in the basin and swirl them around for a few seconds.
- Let them soak for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, take your boot liners out of the basin and place them on a clean bath towel.
- Clean the basin and fill it again with cool water.
- Put the liners back in the basin and swirl them around to remove the soap.
- After gently rinsing the the liners, take them out of the water and wrap them with a bath towel.
- Press down on the towel to get rid of excess water.
- Place your boot liners in a ventilated area and wait for them to dry for about 12 to 24 hours (you might even consider having a fan blow on them for that period of time). Avoid using direct heat to dry your liners.
For boots with ThermoPlus Liners, spot clean them. Dampen the cloth with water. Do not use soap.